Aphrodisiac foods and fertility
We are what we eat and what we eat can affect our health including our desires and fertility. This was discussed at a recent congress by the Italian professional body for urologists. We found the topic very interesting because the same foods that are good for the skin are also good for desire and fertility. Here is the story..
Fertility and libido are a growing concern in modern society and therefore it is only natural to look at how they can be improved simply via a strategic diet. “Genetic and metabolism: the diet for him and for her” revealed aphrodisiac foods and fertility ones. Ready?
Foods stimulating for him
- Honey (it stimulates testosterone production and libido)
- Oat (it helps with testosterone production and libido too)
- Eggs (rich in proteins balancing male hormones and increasing desire)
- Red chillies (it stimulates the peripheral blood circulation)
- Chocolate (it helps to reduce the stress levels and to release seratonin increasing libido. This one is great for her too)
- Fresh orange juice rich in vitamin C to increase sperm mobility
- Basil and rocket salad to increase the vitamin C intake further during the day
- Fresh tomato, rich in lycopene, strengthening for the sperm
- Brazil nuts, rich in Selenium to increase sperm vitality
- Saffron (rich in antioxidants protective for the sperm)
- Omega 3 rich fish
The conference not only highlighted the good foods for him but also the ones to limit or to avoid the foods. Just focusing on the first one may reduce or even neutralise the benefits of the good ones.
Foods to be watched by him
- Soft drinks with high sugar content (excessive sugar interferes with the peripheral blood microcirculation and the quality of the sperm)
- Excessive red meat (especially non organic one) high in saturated fats which reduce the sperm count
- Fried food and any food high in saturated fat
- Excessive alcohol consumption (it interferes with the male hormones)
If you try it out feel free to share the results or any extra tips
You might also like